Website Production Specialist, Online Production
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The National Wildlife Federation believes that in order to save wildlife and ourselves, we need to ensure that everyone in America has clean air and water, safe communities, easy and equitable access to the daily benefits of nature, and protection from the ravages of climate change.
The nation’s most trusted conservation organization has an opportunity for a Website Production Specialist to join our team. NWF is dedicated to ensure wildlife continue to thrive and our Website Production Specialist will work closely with individuals across the organization to update online content, manage tracking campaigns, and assist as needed with email production in support of this mission. We are seeking an outgoing and organized individual who is eager to get involved in larger projects such as new web applications and website design updates in addition to maintaining day-to-day production tasks. This role is critical to the success of the Online Operations team and the organization, and reports to the Director of Online Operations and Projects in the Operations Department.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Updates and changes to Sitecore websites (e.g. simple text/photo edits, complex additions, features, and page additions)
- Managing FXM in Sitecore, managing the setup and tracking campaigns
- Updates and changes to WordPress websites (e.g. simple text/photo edits)
- Working closely with many teams across the organization to ensure timely, accurate updates of NWF online content managing requests from start through completion
- Working with the Branding and Marketing Team to continuously improve the quality and production efficiency of NWF’s online content.
- Collaborating with NWF Developers to provide input on UX design and assistance with UAT testing for digital applications, upgrades, and changes
- Use JIRA to manage Production Team tasks and schedules.
- Creating/editing images for use in online properties including, websites, emails, insets, ads, and other digital graphics as needed
- Assisting the Digital Operations Team as needed to produce and send/publish NWF-branded emails, donation pages, action alerts, surveys, events, and other pages within Engaging Networks.
- Conducting Quality Assurance of online pages in Engaging Networks, Sitecore, or Word Press to ensure accuracy of edits and/or changes.
You will need:
Experience in a dynamic corporate, nonprofit, or media environment with proven expertise in online marketing platforms is essential. Other qualifications include:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and provide quality deliverables with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with Sitecore and WordPress CMS in a production role, or experience with other complex CMS systems and the ability to learn quickly
- Experience and understanding of website user tracking, content personalization, and analytics reporting.
- Ability to think through possible scenarios to achieve a specific outcome in regards to tracking and campaigns.
- Image manipulation and web optimization skills
- Experience with Engaging Networks and with the JIRA task-management system a plus.
- Previous experience working with FXM in Sitecore is a plus.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels in an organization; seek opinions while maintaining confidentiality to provide appropriate solutions and decisions
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills; able to work effectively and clearly virtually and in-person with different audiences, including non-technical and highly technical personnel
- Growth mindset to gain an understanding of new software and develop deep understanding of how to use new tools
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission
Location and Work Mode:
The Operations Department is based out of our headquarters in Reston, VA. The National Wildlife Federation is committed to a flexible and empowered work environment with an authentic community of care for all staff. In this position, the employee may work in in the office, in a hybrid manner, or fully remote, to be decided jointly with their supervisor in the final stages of the interview process.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$65,000 , commensurate with experience.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits in 2021! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we conduct our hiring process virtually via phone or video until further notice. We are currently starting our positions as remote, and are continuing to explore what our future of work will be moving forward. Proof of vaccination will be required to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.