2022 Product Development - Design Digital Experience Internship
In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the site here:
2022 Product Development Design Digital Experience Intern
Ford Motor Company
Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
What you’ll be able to do:
If you are passionate about the latest user-focused technology, possess a keen eye for elegant, modern design and obsess over the finest details in design and function, this is the opportunity for you. You will be a key member of the forward-looking team that is creating next level in-vehicle digital experiences. In collaboration with outstanding coders and designers (2D, 3D, Motion, UX/UI), you will conceive the sophisticated systems that infuse our entire vehicle ecosystems. Ready to engage, iterate, and innovate in a new and growing department that is on the forefront of revolutionizing the auto industry? Join us and:
- Support our UX vision by producing nuanced and highly crafted 3D renderings, and animation
- Support motion designer by providing high end rendered graphics
- Jump into real time with understanding of topology and UV mapping.
- Envision, develop and create 3D elements from concept-to-implementation
- Deliver uncompromised design fidelity while also striving for production efficiency
- Translate 2D designs to high fidelity 3D content to development teams for seamless implementation
- Utilize software skills in 3D software Maya, Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop & After Effects), and real time technologies (Unreal & Unity)
- Employ a systematic approach to solving large, complex design challenges
- Build 3D design interaction within a real time game engine (Unreal / Unity)
- Learn how to work with an assortment of passionate people from gaming, movie, commercial, and transportation background.
- The minimum requirements we seek:
- Currently attending a reputable college with goal to a degree in relatable fields to the artforms above
- A graduation date between December 2022 and September 2024
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- NOTE: Please include a link to your portfolio and demo reel in your resume if applicable.
Our preferred requirements:
- High emphasis in experience with Real Time game engine in Unreal or Unity
- Experience in 3D modeling, unwrapping, and animation in Maya, will consider similar toolset
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in storyboard, and editing after effects comps
- Knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Previous automotive experience is a plus
- Proven creative work experience in digital product design solutions or related field
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please click here.