Analyst - Venture Capital Intern
If you're passionate about helping a Fortune 100 company drive their strategy forward through innovative product development and advancing strategic partnerships to protect customers (and their pets), then Nationwide's Strategy and Corporate Development Office might be the place for you!
Nationwide’s venture capital team today manages a $350M fund and a growing portfolio of nearly 30 early to growth-stage companies. The team focuses its investments on Insurtech and Fintech startups that support six thematic areas: digital infrastructure, home solutions, living in retirement, small and medium sized businesses, telematics and fleet management, and cybersecurity and risk.
- Performs in-depth industry, technology, and investment benchmarking and produces written research / analysis and recommendations utilized by Nationwide Ventures and internal stakeholders to support and promote investment theses and strategy decisions. This includes: screening and underwriting investment memos, white papers, thesis area executive summaries, and presentation decks.
- Supports deal underwriting efforts; reviews and analyzes business plans; performs business, market, product, and team construction due diligence on transactions; researches industries and competitors; and documents findings.
- Builds financial and analytical models and conducts sensitivity analyses on prospect investments and portfolio companies.
- Supports Nationwide Ventures day-to-day operations; assisting with reporting / analysis and on-going run requirements.
- Supports operational activities including internal business partner management, internal and external marketing efforts, and participates in conferences and other external events to promote Nationwide Ventures in the entrepreneurial and venture capital ecosystem.
- Experience or deep interest in the entrepreneurial and/or the technology ecosystem.
- Strong analytical and/or modeling skills developed through related experience in venture capital, the startup ecosystem and/or company building.
- Experience specifically in the financial services (FinTech) or insurance (InsurTech) industry sectors a plus.