DevOps Engineer Intern, Summer 2022
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
The SketchUp team in Westminster, CO is looking for a skilled, highly motivated Intern with a passion for DevOps. The position is a member of the SketchUp Operations team and is responsible for various software systems, services and infrastructure that the SketchUp engineering team relies on. This is a unique, mission-critical role offering a wide variety of technical challenges and face-to-face collaboration with the SketchUp team on a daily basis.
Expected hours: 40 hours per week
- Work with SketchUp DevOps and engineering teams to create CI/CD dashboards for a better understanding of the health and status of our CI/CD tools and workflows. Create dashboards with either existing Atlassian tools or tools integrated in our AWS infrastructure. Dashboards would include:
- Build system success and failure status, build systems history
- AWS deployment success and failure status, AWS deployment history
- AWS rollback history.
- Uptime reports.
- Installer download reports.
Enrollment in a BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent program.
- Experience developing in Python.
- Familiarity with source code control and build systems such as Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and release engineering best practices.
- Passion and creativity for developing tools and automating workflows to improve productivity for software development teams.
- Ability to collaborate and participate as a positive-minded team player in a high functioning, customer-centric internal service organization.