The farm-to-market system is incredibly inefficient. Every year, small farmers around the world lose an estimated $300B in potential value between intermediaries and harvested crops that never make it to market. To unlock this trapped value, we developed Agromovil, a global app-based platform that helps small farmers see new market opportunities, sell directly to buyers, and find optimized transport – getting products to market more efficiently and profitably around the world.
As an international tech start-up, Agromovil is an exciting team to join. We embrace Agromovil’s social purpose and place small farmers at the center of everything that we do. Agromovil is based in Washington, DC and is currently operating in Colombia (with operations expanding to other Latin American countries and Tanzania in the coming months).
With this expansion, Agromovil is seeking a bright, motivated Communications Intern who is looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the world. Through this internship, you will have a real impact on small agriculture – empowering farmers and their communities, and reducing food insecurity and waste.
Time: 15-20 hours/week
Compensation: begins as an unpaid internship with an opportunity for a stipend or wage after ~1 month.
Reports to: the Communications Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
Media Monitoring/Community Management
- Find new stories, conversations, and connections and recommend actions to take
- Share stories, join conversations, and connect with followers/influencers based on feedback from Communications Manager
- Gather weekly data from Agromovil’s website, FB, IG, LI, TW, YT
- Compile monthly performance reports
Writing Blogs, Press Releases, and Newsletters
- Recommend content and outline to Communications Manager
- Write drafts and do revisions based on feedback from Communications Manager
Potential Responsibilities Based on Skill and Growth in Role
- Design social media creative and/or edit videos
- Design and edit website
- Product development activities
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in 4-year college, or recent graduate
- Strong non-academic writer
- Experience with non-academic writing (copywriting)
- Experience with digital marketing
- Experience with social media management
- Experience with data analytics
- Respond well to feedback and criticism
- Organized and good time management
- Energetic, determined, can-do attitude
- Foreign language skills (especially in Spanish, Swahili, Portuguese, or French) are a plus
- Creative software skills (ex: Canva, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, etc) are a plus