Red Bike Outreach & Member Management - Assistant (PT)
JOB TITLE: Outreach & Member Management Assistant
COMPENSATION: $16/hour, 28 hours/week
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 5, 2021
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, First-Shift, including weekends
REQUIREMENTS: Must be a licensed driver
START DATE: March 2021
Red Bike is looking for an engaged and outgoing individual to join our Outreach and Member Management Team (O&MM). The O&MM Assistant will work with the Education & Outreach Manager to bring new people to bikeshare and foster positive user experiences through outreach, community engagement, and customer service.
This is a new position created to support Red Bike’s efforts to deepen its relationships and roots within several neighborhoods and communities, with partner organizations, bicycling advocates, and a wealth of residents remembering what a great joy and tool a bike can be.
The O&MM Assistant will help support and grow the Red Bike Go program, which provides equitable access to bikeshare. In 2021, Red Bike will be launching the Red Bike Go Living Lab, an effort to develop and test innovative, new strategies and programs to increase access to bikeshare. In 2020, over 20% of rides taken on Red Bike were taken by members of the Red Bike Go program. We have made it a goal to continue to increase that percentage and better ensure bike access for more and more individuals and communities.
Red Bike is the region’s most fun system of public transportation: A bike sharing system serving Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky with 600 classic and electric-assist bicycles, from 60 stations. Red Bike is a non-profit organization dedicated to the joy and wellness of our neighbors by providing a low-cost, healthy, and green transportation option that makes Greater Cincinnati more vibrant and connected.
Please submit a resume and brief introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIPOC and multilingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Red Bike is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Training of the bikeshare system and software will be provided.
O&MM Assistant will report to the Education & Outreach Manager. Together they will determine a schedule, anticipating the following:
- 3-4 required shifts a week, either at the Red Bike Office, working from home, or in the field at partner locations, events, or bike rides.
- Events, canvassing, and bike rides often take place in the evening and/or on the weekend, especially during peak riding season.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The O&MM Assistant’s primary responsibilities are to advocate for equitable bikeshare access and use by engaging within communities and partner organizations, while also providing high quality response and assistance to Red Bike users and colleagues.
Outreach & Program Support
● Establish a Neighborhood & Station Canvassing Plan for Outreach Ambassadors
○ Assist with Outreach Ambassador recruitment, scheduling, and coordination for canvassing, events, rides, classes, etc.
● Assist with managing and creating community partnerships
○ Relationship building, coordination, and communication
○ Youth Program development and implementation
○ Monthly classes at Citylink Center
● Assist with event planning & participation to promote bikeshare
○ Advocacy and word-spreading within communities to increase ridership
○ Organize a Community Bike Ride Series to promote and encourage bike riding and social connection
■ Coordinate with stakeholders to recruit riders and plan rides
■ Participate in and/or lead group bike rides
■ Educate riders on bike safety and how-to instruction
○ Art Activations for station and dock installations
○ Tabling at events
■ Distribute promotional materials and administer surveys
■ Bikeshare how-to and pricing education
■ Demonstrate bike features and bike checkout/in
■ Membership sign-up/renewal
■ Load/Unload bikes, tents, tables, chairs to/from vehicle
■ Event setup, teardown, and preparation
● Assist with Collateral Material Needs & Inventory
○ Develop collateral material list of needs for promotional and informative purposes
■ Handouts, flyers, posters, station/bike advertisements, etc.
Customer Service & Member Management
● Knowledge about all aspects of Red Bike equipment, bike checkout/return, offerings and programs, member management software, etc.
● Assist with customer correspondence, such as phone calls, emails, and text messages
● Assist with addressing and resolving customer issues or dispatching to appropriate staff
○ Example: Registration and billing inquiries
● Assist with managing membership database, including Red Bike Go
○ Go Member enrollment and cash management
● Assist with fulfillment of member cards, gift passes, and merchandise orders
● Assist with various customer service projects as assigned
○ Example: Surveying, reporting, presentations, etc.
● Assist with social media
● Community organizing experience
● Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
● Problem solving and critical thinking skills
● Team oriented and focused on continuous improvement
● Strong understanding of computer software and social media applications
● Self-motivated and ability to deal with and meet changing deadlines
● Capable of working independently with limited oversight
● Support for bicycling and bikeshare; comfortable riding a Red Bike in city traffic
● Valid driver’s license
● Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
● Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stoop, bend, and stand for extended periods
● Willingness and ability to work evenings and/or weekends
● Willingness to work in various weather conditions
● Commitment to having fun