Field Engineering Internship - Summer 2021 (Springfield, OH)
This role will assist and be under the guidance of other engineering staff working on projects to meet various utility facility needs. This position may also require the successful candidate to evaluate, design, estimate, and provide project management gas facilities at various levels of complexity. Successful candidate must be capable of working virtually, in the office as well as a hybrid model of both scenarios.
- This position requires a current student of an ABET accredited, four-year engineering program.
- High importance placed on the ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbal and written
- High consideration for those candidates with interpersonal skills which are effective in communication with internal and external customers.
- Desire a quick learner with the willingness to remain flexible in various work assignments.
- Possess a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Collecting and analyzing data and reviewing records.
- Creating job order sketches using AutoCad
- Perform field measurements
- Assemble data to create job order estimates
- Safety consciousness required
- Successful candidate will start in summer 2021
- Current student of an ABET accredited, four-year Engineering program
- Must have completed at least one year of undergraduate study
- Ability to work 40 hrs/week
- Proficiency with PC applications and prefer strong skills with AutoCad and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship
Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate study in an engineering discipline (energy, chemical, civil, construction, industrial, design, petroleum, or mechanical)
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
How To Apply
Please do not apply for this position through Handshake.
For consideration, you must apply on-line at careers.nisource.com before February 3, 2021!