As a Data Scientist, you will develop predictive models for Milliman’s market leading claim analytics solution, NodalTM. You will leverage Deep Learning and NLP techniques to process disparate data sources to support our solution. This position requires significant scientific rigor and statistical expertise, particularly with text data.
Milliman is the leading analytics firm in the insurance industry. Our success is the result of our unique structure that promotes innovation. Milliman started as an actuarial firm and always will be an analytics company. At Milliman, our actuaries and data scientists are revolutionizing the insurance market. From Intelliscript to MedInsight, and Datalytics-Defense to Nodal, Milliman is deploying advanced technology and decision support solutions throughout the insurance industry.
You will be a core member of our energetic Nodal team that helps shape the future of our product. Your responsibilities will include:
- Apply advanced analytical methods to large, complex data sets of structured and unstructured data (claim data, medical data, etc.)
- Solve difficult, non-routine analytical challenges
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, and ongoing deliverables
- Identify opportunities to improve existing solutions, as well as research and develop new solutions. You will see your work become real solutions.
- Communicate findings to management