Undergraduate Intern, Key Private Bank
Key Private Bank is offering a great opportunity for a current student to be a part of our growing and dynamic Investment Center. The position provides a wonderful learning experience across many facets of our investment research process.
Key Private Bank (KPB) Investment Center Overview
KPB has a long history (over 150 years) of providing trust, custody, escrow, and investment management solutions to high night worth individuals, families and institutional/non-profit clients with over $39 billion in assets. Our Investment Center covers asset allocation, equities, fixed income and alternative investments from selection of securities and managers to managing and constructing portfolios.
Job Summary - Actively participate and assist our manager research and analytics group in various projects and responsibilities, under the direction of a team lead.
Successful candidate will be working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field (Finance, Engineering, Science) and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- Some knowledge of capital markets, asset allocation and investment management theory
- Excel modeling skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills; Intellectually inquisitive
- Relevant work or internship experience
- Ability to learn quickly and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong interest in markets and investments
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience with coding and programming languages (Java, Python, C, R) is a plus
- 40 hours a week (May - August)
- Potential for part-time hours during the school year
- Assist in implementation of research management tool (Backstop)
- Help with data integration of portfolios within portfolio analytical tool (Venn and S&P Capital IQ)
- Create reporting templates, prepare quarterly manager reviews, run ad hoc reports, update models
- Monitor KPB Investment Center mailbox and administer alternative manager Investor Portals for capital calls and distributions
- Participate in committee and manager meetings and prepare minutes and notes
- Data entry and portfolio analysis in connection with investment proposals
- Assist in managing marketing and sales materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Advanced Excel
- Morningstar Direct
- Sustainalytics Global Access
- S&P Capital IQ
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.