Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of "most promising AI companies in America." Inc. Magazine also recognized Upstart as one of the Best Workplaces for 2020.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Payments Associate (Support Specialist) at Upstart, you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer support to our borrowers. This includes all aspects of loan repayments and servicing such as performing research, contacting past due accounts, and improving Upstart’s servicing process to exceed industry recovery performance.
Details about applying:
Since Upstart is growing tremendously, we’re actively filling this role on a monthly basis. We will review every application in consideration for current or future roles. There is no need to apply to this position multiple times.
**Please check your Spam/Junk mail for Upstart emails after applying!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide support to borrowers via phone and email for all aspects related to payments, including bringing and keeping their accounts current, while maintaining strict adherence to policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with past due accounts to find solutions that bring accounts current as quickly as possible
- Manage and maintain detailed records of all servicing activities of the loans portfolio
- Exceed key performance indicators measuring personal productivity, quality, and service level as defined by management
- Opportunities for project-focused work in areas such as hardships, settlements, quality assurance, and bankruptcies
What we’re looking for
- BA / BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ year of experience in customer service, consumer lending, personal banking, loan servicing, or similar
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to make independent decisions exercising good judgement
- Highly organized with a knack for keeping meticulous and informative notes and records
- Strong problem-solving skills, a “detective” mindset, and a curious nature
- Passion for helping customers improve their financial situation to consistently make on-time payments
- Perform effectively in a high volume and fast paced environment with a high degree of accuracy and productivity
- Must have strong verbal/writing skills and able to present information in a clear manner
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.