Mechanical Engineer - Better Tools
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who can support our manufacturing processes and provide technical support for all organizational stakeholders.
- Drives product and process innovation throughout the organization. Works with internal departments to ensure that the technical product needs of the company are met.
- Develops and improves products by studying customer requirements. Researches and tests manufacturing methods and materials. Solicits input from customers and internal departments as needed.
- Reverse-engineers sample parts and develops drawings. Communicates with Sales and Customer to validate correctness of drawing.
- Works with external and internal resources to resolve product performance issues. Develops solutions that optimize product performance and/or reduce cost.
- Collaborates with Sales to define client requirements and expectations. Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility ofdesign or application. Leverages inputs to devise product designs. Receives approvals from Sales and Customer on designs. Provides direction to Manufacturers on how to properly and most cost- effectively manufacture products.
- Provides technical bridge between Sales and Suppliers. Works with Suppliers regarding manufacturing and product requirements.
- Serves as a technical resource for Quality Department in the identification of root cause failures.
- Researches new product and process opportunities. Provides recommendations on how to improve quality, reduce cost, and/or improve manufacturability of products. Tracks savings and/or derives savings associated with improvements.
- Works with Sales to troubleshoot application engineering problems and challenges. Makes recommendations for solutions.
- Maintains drawing database. Ensures that all engineering documentation and drawings are properly approved and maintained. Maintains documentation of product tolerances and design elements.
- Designs special fixtures and tooling. Provides technical assistance with fixture/tool builds, as required
- Bachelor’s in engineering or equivalent business/work experience.
- 3-5 years’ mechanical engineering experience. Experience working within a manufacturing organization preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience with metallurgy. Metal treating knowledge preferred.
- Experience with drafting/reverse engineering and project management a plus
- Intermediate to Expert user of product design software such as AutoCad and Solidworks.
- Manufacturing: 2 years