Account Executive-Inside Sales
Mintel’s Consumer Reports have been the cornerstone of our business for over 45 years and give clients access to critical analysis, studies and recommendations across a range of categories and consumer markets around the world.
Businesses want to understand what consumers are looking for, what drives their buying habits and what influences their purchases. These consumer reports offer point-of-sale market data, demographic breakdowns, product innovations alongside expert insights, trend analysis and market forecasting to give clients the decision-making information and competitive analysis they need.
Our Inside Sales team sits in Chicago and focuses on building rapport with businesses across the United States to give them insight into the relevant data that our reports will bring to them. They work closely with manufacturers, distributors and retailers within Beauty, Food and Beverage and Home and Personal Care and to succeed on this team, you will need drive, passion and resilience.
The ideal candidate will have 1 year of professional sales or client experience or a strong sales internship.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Taking ownership of the full sales cycle from prospecting through close, selling our core product-Mintel’s syndicated reports.
- Utilizing LinkedIn Sales Navigator to identify and prospect key decision makers within marketing and research divisions to understand their specific consumer insights needs.
- Conducting product demos for prospective clients and demonstrating the value of Mintel Reports.
- Maintaining accurate records of all sales development activity in Salesforce.
- Meeting activity metrics and sales goals on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Attending bi-weekly company-wide sales up-skilling sessions.
- Creatively thinking of new prospecting and communication strategies and tactics.
- Staying current on industry trends and maintaining knowledge of competitors’ product offerings.
We Are Looking For People Who Are:
- Hunters: You are a metrics-driven sales individual with a proven track record of success. You have excellent closing and prospecting skills and are comfortable making cold and warm introductions over the phone and email.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are constantly craving learning and development and consistently pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill-sets.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- Humble: You are humble, yet confident. You willingly admit when you need help, and you know how and when to utilize the resources and people around you. You don't take rejection personally; you see it as a challenge.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities.
- Great Communicators: You have an extremely consultative and energetic personality with polished verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets