IT Java Development Intern
Learn application development using modern tools and working with a great team!
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Packaged Systems, Reporting, Java Development Intern to drive the business by supporting the Individual and Group business efforts.
Essential Job Functions
- Design / Develop solutions utilizing custom insurance software;
- Design / Develop custom reports for internal and external consumption using tools like Cognos, HP Exstream, Java, other packaged applications;
- Learn and become knowledgeable about Java application development;
- Work with automation tools while working with a range of developers and technologies;
- Work with a cross section of IT resources to enhance existing, or develop new Java applications
- Potential work with SQL or other data query language
- Undergraduate student working towards a degree in Computer Science or Information Systems;
- Understanding of coding and basic principles of application development.
- Ability to work 13 - 20 hours per week, during core hours of 7:00 a.m. -- 6:00 p.m. CST, scheduling is flexible
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Possesses a self-starting approach to assignment and responsibilities;
- Executes with the highest degree of integrity and accountability;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life.