Supply Chain Undergraduate Internship
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
In AT&T’s Global Connections and Supply Chain Organization, you’ll gain insight and exposure to everything from Contract Management and Logistics to Data Sciences and Procurement. You’ll utilize your technical, legal, finance and supply chain knowledge to develop, analyze and execute strategies that improve AT&T’s supply chain from end to end, while establishing the connections you need as you begin to be successful in your career.
In this unique and multi-faceted program, cross-functional collaboration and teamwork will be essential and necessitate effective communication from day to day interactions with peers and business partners to discussions with senior leadership. As a successful candidate, you’ll be placed into an area of our team that matches your skills, background, education and talents including Strategic Sourcing Management, Inventory Management or Logistics and Data Science.
What’s it take to join our team?
Qualified candidates must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution, Logistics, Management Information Systems, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Applied Science, Economics, Engineering, or Computer Science and graduating by or before Spring 2022.
You’ll need to be familiar with analyzing large data sets and building sophisticated financial models while leveraging your background in sourcing, inventory management or logistics. Your knowledge of supply chain systems and applications (MS Suite, SAP, Oracle, etc.) will also be a key ingredient to your success. Direct industry and occupational experience is also a consideration and may be substituted with relevant education.
Additional skills required to succeed:
Supplier Contracting, Negotiations, and Strategy
• Transactional law experience: ability to draft and edit contracts and understand the legal implications of subtle changes in language
• Business law experience or education, including coursework in Business Associations or Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Dispute Resolution, Anti-trust, Corporate Tax, and Intellectual Property
• Negotiations coursework and a strong ability to negotiate, influence, and persuade others
• Competitive bidding processes and supply chain analysis
Inventory Management, Warehousing, and Forward / Reverse Logistics
• Experience with logistics, inventory management and/or freight modeling in a multi-modal environment
• Logistics (warehousing, distribution, 3PL, etc.) and fleet operations experience
• Knowledge of import/export and trade compliance requirements
• Experience leading high-impact Quality projects (Six Sigma, Lean, TL9000, etc.)
• Ability to address issues, solve the problem and achieve results
• Previous industry-related internship(s) preferred
• Ability to prioritize, manage and lead projects to completion
• Effective communication skills
• Effective at working with external individuals with different goals
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines
• Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills
• Experience managing relationships and interacting with others
• Ability to understand and communicate technical subject matter
• Background in the telecommunications or high-technology industries
• Previous experience leading others
Ready to be the future? It starts with you. Apply today!
AT&T will not sponsor applicants for work visas of any kind for this position.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, and local laws.