Data Scientist Intern - Summer 2021
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field (e.g., applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or operations research)
- Extensive experience solving analytics problems using quantitative approaches
- Proven passion for generating insights from data
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods generally and particularly in the areas of modeling and business analytics
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Fluency with at least one scripting language, such as Python, Java or C/C++
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, MATLAB, SAS or Weka and the ability to transfer that knowledge to other tools
- Experience working with large data sets and with distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
The Data Scientist Intern works closely with teams across the company to help solve business issues using technical and communication skills.
- Work closely with various teams across the company to identify and solve business challenges
- Develop predictive statistical, behavioral or other models via supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis and other predictive modeling techniques
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze and interpret the results of product experiments
- Collaborate with the engineering and product teams to develop and support our internal data platform to support ongoing analyses
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question – it’s part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.