Corporate Accounting Internship
About the Team
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer internship? At PetSmart, we are committed to developing future business leaders. Join our Finance team this summer as a Corporate Accounting Intern and thrive in a collaborative culture where being the trusted partner to parents and pets in every moment of their lives is priority number one.
About the Job
What will you do?
- Experience the Finance function of the leading pet specialty retailer firsthand as you work with a team of experienced finance professionals in the areas of Corporate Accounting and Reporting to support business partners across the enterprise.
- Work closely and engage with crosfunctional partners.
- Leave your “paw” print with a project designed to make a true impact on the business.
- Present your recommendations and innovative ideas to PetSmart leaders.
- Develop and grow your skills with the support of a caring manager and dedicated mentor.
What will you need?
- Undergraduate Junior or Senior status (graduating December 2021 or May 2022)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance (public accounting emphasis) on track for CPA.
- Interest in corporate accounting discipline.
- Solid critical thinking ability and use of analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to all levels.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment.
About the Culture
What’s in it for you?
- 10-week paid summer internship!
- Connect and socialize with other PetSmart associates early in their career as part of the StartSmart associate resource group.
- Make a difference! Volunteer with your fellow interns during the annual “PetSmart Interns Give Back” day.
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- Enjoy our campus amenities: “Top Dog” gym fitness center, Dog park, Starbucks station, Sit&Stay Café