Internal Audit Intern
Internal Auditor Intern is a temporary position of three to six months between college semesters or quarters in the Corporate Audit Department of The Kroger Co. Work as a member of the audit team under supervision of the auditor-in-charge and completes assigned audit programs or program sections in order to assist in the completion of the audit. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct or assist in conducting reviews of assigned organizational or functional activities.
- Gain sufficient understanding of function and related Company policy for the area under review.
- Gain an understanding of the major control or reporting objective for the area and complete all audit programs steps including reviews of internal controls, testing of financial statement balances, and preparing workpapers to support the testing performed and conclusions reached.
- Identify any exceptions to policy.
- Prepare or assist in preparing comments reporting findings. Verify accuracy of findings through discussion of audit results with all affected staff from the level of clerk to assistant controller.
- Provide assistance to other Internal Auditors as requested.
- Complete cumulative project (summary of internship accomplishments) and present to Division Executive Team or appropriate Managers.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the competencies/skills required in order to successfully perform this position are:
- Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration - Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Inclusion - Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Completed two of four or three of five-year College accounting program.
- Working toward a degree in accounting or finance with a minimum of a 3.25 grade point average.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills required.
- Responds to change as a positive challenge.
- Significant level of multi-tasking required.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Commitment to providing customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 50%), occasionally for two consecutive weeks.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Business related employment activities, preferably in an accounting related capacity.
- Accounting experience.
- Experience in a professional work environment.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities between school, work, or extracurricular activities.
- Involvement in leadership and community activities.