VVC Data Management Associate
In order to best serve our neighbors in need, we capture personal and family information, as well as service history, allowing us to determine how to best provide support and share the story of the work we do. In this position, you will put analytical and detail-oriented skills to work alongside our Resource Analyst to analyze data trends via CMS (Case Management System) to help inform staff and volunteers how to best operate our programs. You will also provide training and support for SVdP volunteers in using CMS, while gaining experience in project management skills and practical implementation of data processing. This position will include a weekly block of time working directly with our neighbors in need.
This position is part of the Vincentian Volunteers of Cincinnati (VVC) program, a faith-based, year-long, residential service program, providing young professionals in their twenties an opportunity to grow in faith, friendship and service by giving deeply of themselves to their neighbors in need.
VVC members serve full-time in a unique work placement with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. They live together in a house provided by the program, in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati, blocks from SVDP’s Outreach Center. The program is an 11-month commitment, running late August through late July and provides members with excellent professional experience in a supportive context.
- Room and board
- Health & renter's insurance
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement (up to $50)
- Monthly stipend
- Monthly allotment of bus tokens
- WiFi access
- Monthly leadership development workshops
- 1:1 professional mentoring
- 3 overnight retreats - Orientation; mid-year; closing
- AmeriCorps Education Award (~$6,000) upon successful completion of program
- May be eligible for federal loan deferment
- High level of familiarity with Excel
- Experience working with data sets in Excel, R, or Python
- Experience in general tech and troubleshooting for users
- Experience working with tech deficient/tech averse populations
Additional preferred skills and experience:
- Experience working with data visualization programs (Tableau preferred, Power BI, Zoho, Openheatmap, Datawrapper accepted as well)
- Software/web/application development a huge plus
- Applicant has read either Switch or Nudge and understands basic concepts of change management
- Long term sales or retail experience